Thursday, June 10, 2010

Now That We Won't Have Megatron To Kick Around For A Wk. Or Two

Megan to get hitched: Better late than never, eh? (Full disclosure: This reporter has never been married. As a libertarian libertine I'm much too dedicated to my freedom principles to enter into a contract w/ someone for emotional support or whatever the hell they do this for.)

And this is not funny:

We are finally on the brink of that happy moment that every girl dreams of:  a qualified change in family status under section 125 of the tax code.
And I've no idea why they think it's funny. The intention may be self-deprecation, but it's usually more self-revelatory.

This may be a revelation as well:
It turns out weddings are complicated, and require a great deal of last-minute detail management. Especially when you have to push your column through fact check before you are allowed to depart.
Not that weddings are a pain, but the resentment behind "push through fact check."

Other mental images to be avoided (As well as use of "hopefully."):
hopefully I'll come back fortified by blissful romance + long hours spent lying on the beach.
I won't wish the future Mrs. Suderman ill. (Don't forget the sun-block!) The present Mr. Suderman, well, good luck, pal.

4 comments:

fish said...

It boggles the mind to think what her columns might look like if they were not put through fact check.

NutellaonToast said...

It's gotta be an ironic fact check, right?

M. Bouffant said...

I have a vision of intellectual product being forced through a mesh screen at a treatment plant.

freq flag said...

I know there's a lot of fish in the sea
I know some would stay by me
But if you don't give a runnin' try
You'd better ask yourself the reason why

And you're pushin' too hard
Pushin' too hard
Pushin' too hard
On me-e-e-e-e-e (too hard!)


--The Late, Great Sky Sunlight Saxon