Monday, June 16, 2008

I Know What I'll Be Reading Next

La McArdle types:

TNR's PR folks emailed me a link to this article with the note that he thinks my readers and I would enjoy this article. Because there's nothing my readers and I enjoy more than poorly written articles making fun of libertarians.

The LP convention is, of course, a freak show. But it's our freak show. And the things that make it funny and a little inspiring are not the things the article captures.
"Our freak show?" Is this like, "Insult me but don't say anything bad about my mother?"


Elements of Style©:

"TNR's PR folks" are one guy? "He thinks my readers and I..." Surprised she didn't type "my readers and me."

Figure the ironic part out yourselves, fellow haters.

And we anxiously await info as to what makes the LP convention "funny & a little inspiring." Besides Dr. Ron Paul, of course. That should be really funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they're fans of Megan's, they must enjoy "poorly written articles."

"TNR's PR folks emailed me a link to this article with the note that he thinks my readers and I would enjoy this article."

That sentence is so awful it makes my head hurt. And she's actually describing something else as badly written?

Susan of Texas said...

The comments are funny--they nail her to the wall.

I still suspect she went to the convention instead of to the beach as she said, but was too embarrassed to admit it. Sure, it's all fun and games when you and your buddies sit around telling each other how you'd run the world if the pesky hoi polloi were magically gone. But the reality is Ron Paul racists and various and assorted other loonies. Suddenly libertarianism doesn't seem so cool and special.