Friday, June 6, 2008

Retarded then, retarded now

Oil hit nearly $140 a barrel today. Was it really only a few years ago that I was writing articles for The Economist questioning whether oil could stay above $40 a barrel for any length of time?

Yes, only a year ago you were just as much of a clueless moron as you are now. Hooray
Someone just emailed "If I had even an ounce of spine, I'd be shorting oil like crazy now." My reply: "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

Yes, irrationally the market is seeing an increase in price of something of which we are running out. SHORT IT NOW AND YOU'LL GO BROKE MAKE MILLIONS!!!!!

Also, with regards to the question raised in her title as to where she can trade her blood for oil. The answer is IN IRAQ! GO NOW BEFORE THE DEAL ENDS!!!!!

1 comment:

M. Bouffant said...

What? The market is "irrational?" But, but, "the market" is the ultimate in rationality, isn't it? Look at the commodities markets. What could be more rational than affecting the price of food so that there is rioting in the streets & governments fall...Oh, I get it now. Forget I mentioned it.