Friday, July 4, 2008

Nothing from me today

in celebration of the occasion. We'll catch up with Megan tomorrow.

Fuck you, Jessie Helms, I'm glad you're dead, though you're an asshole for not dying before George Carlin. George would have loved to see you go.
Yeah, he had family and friends. He was still Jessie fucking Helms, a tiny, hateful man whose actions contributed substantially to countless deaths. Jessie Helms was the true model for the Bush Admin, not Reagan or Nixon. The only thing I regret about Jessie Helms dying is this means he'll never be sent to prison to be raped by black men with AIDS.

4 comments:

Susan of Texas said...

It's just the usual horror show.

Helmes: "To rob the Negro of his reputation of thinking through a problem in his own fashion is about the same as trying to pretend that he doesn't have a natural instinct for rhythm and for singing and dancing." _ Helms responding in 1956 to criticism that a fictional black character in his newspaper column was offensive.

Kathy G. said...

I agree entirely. See my sendoff to Jesse, here:
http://thegspot.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/worst-american.html

Megan would strongly disapprove, I'm sure. So uncivil!

M. Bouffant said...

So what if he had family & friends?
Speak ill of the dead, I say. Let them serve as bad examples.

spencer said...

I have never had a problem speaking ill of the dead, for two reasons: Sometimes they deserve it, and I fully expect people to do it to me after I die.