Friday, September 18, 2009

If Megan Really is a Feminist

this will matter to her and perhaps make her think a little. I'm not holding my breath, tho.

With the White House zeroing in on the insurance-industry practice of discriminating against clients based on pre-existing conditions, administration allies are calling attention to how broadly insurers interpret the term to maximize profits.
It turns out that in eight states, plus the District of Columbia, getting beaten up by your spouse is a pre-existing condition.

4 comments:

NutellaonToast said...

and holy fuck, America makes me fucking sick again. Yeah, evil!

Unknown said...

I think Megan will be cool with that: free market, sanctity of contracts, etc. Maybe she can work in something about stifling innovation.

clever pseudonym said...

Nah. Suderman looks like a wimp. I doubt he'd ever lay a hand on her (though men who beat up women, at least in my book, are a different brand of wimp themselves). If it doesn't happen to Megan or somebody she knows she either doesn't care or doesn't believe it ever happens.

Mr. Wonderful said...

I got yer pre-existing condition RIGHT HERE.