Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Paging Michelle Bachmann

Michelle Bachmann, will you please pick up the white courtesy phone? Thank you.

Very bad.

The FBI is investigating whether anti-government sentiment led to the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery. A law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.
This, Megan, is why lying is bad. You might get what you want, but it can cost lives. Bachmann is merely a more extreme version of Megan, and lying about health care reform has even more human cost than this sad story.


Also, I know, I've been slacking, but I just haven't had it in me to deal with her the last few days. The only way to survive this gig is frequent vacations. If I don't get back to it tonight I will tomorrow, promise.

5 comments:

blivet said...

Jane will either:

a) ignore the incident altogether and put up a lot of mental health breaks until it goes away; or
b) post a huffy snark-filled piece insulting anyone who can't understand that stoking anti-government rage among the ignorant couldn't possibly lead to violence because she says so.

NutellaonToast said...

Ha, I was just coming over to post this myself. Looks like Megan ahs a double whoopsie today.

That calls for a WHOOPSIE DAISY!

Mr. Wonderful said...

Sometimes I share the indignation of people at sites like this, and sometimes I think, Oh, come on. You're emoting for effect. I agree with the goal but I'm not as exercised as others seem to be.

Given that I'm currently drunk, still: isn't this abominable? I don't want to fully react to this until the facts come out, but jeez.

This is--if it's what it seems it is--the absolute manifestation of what we think we're deploring when we talk about "the ignorant" and "the crazies" and "the people the demagogues rile up."

Limo said...

death of census worker was so shocking and most shocking the word that written on his chest..killer's motive i don't think so is related to his government job

clever pseudonym said...

Brad, et. al.,
I don't think you guys should apologize when you take a break from this joint. You're doing it for free and it has to be difficult keeping up with that woman's incompetence day in and day out. It's always fun to come here and find new snarks against McStupid (copyright: Instaputz), but, at least as far as I'm concerned, I always understand when you don't feel like doing it full time. You guys all have lives to lead.

With that out of the way, what an awful, awful story. Anyone who makes excuses for this sort of behavior is a dreadful human being.