Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ok, Wow

I hate to navelgaze, but Tbogg has blogrolled us. Damn.
Thank you, Tbogg. I've been a reader since right around when you became "a somewhat popular blogger", and you're an inspiration for all of us here. I wish I were half as funny as you.
It really is gratifying to know that the kind of people I want to be writing for appreciate the effort. To know the likes of Tbogg, DDay, Html Mencken, and Roger Ailes come by and smile is just... wonderful. Our readers are why we do this, and your comments and encouragement truly keep us going.
I started this on a whim, and was honestly shocked to discover a few weeks later that people were reading. Megan makes it easy, in some respects, but still, thank you all.
< / sincerity mode >

9 comments:

ldt457 said...

No. Megan is not an easy target. She fools all kinds of the "right" people: NPR, Teh Atlantic, the New York Fucking Times who gave her space to write about Obama's health care speech today. People take her seriously. No, you guys actually take the time to read her closely, to read the actual words she writes, and then point out to your readers her obvious bullshit, her errors, her lies, and her callous disregard for her fellow human beings. Megan is a lazy fuck who's only goal is fame and fortune in the pundit world--she has no core beliefs. You guys are the only ones who, consistently, call her out. Keep up the good work.

NutellaonToast said...

I would like to state, in my defense, that I DO NOT do this for the readers.

Thanks for the compliments, though, ldt.

M. Bouffant said...

Coming up on two yrs. of this, huh? Thanks for the opportunity, brad, & thanks to NoT.

And at last we get some of that love we so richly deserve. Yes!

If I could be one quarter as funny as TBogg, I'd be happier than I am.

And like Nutella, I'm not in this for the readers. Dunno what he's in it for, but I'm in it for the ego-gratification.

NutellaonToast said...

I'm in it for the chicks.

You know, those marshmallow ones that come out around easter?

M. Bouffant said...

You don't like the bunny ones, just the chicken?

NutellaonToast said...

marshmallow chicken.... ohhhhhhhhh.....

Susan of Texas said...

Congradulations!

I blog to receive the thanks of a grateful nation. Which will be arriving any day now.

A Grateful Nation said...

Thanks!

Susan of Texas said...

I feel so validated!