Monday, April 20, 2009

PLEASE LOOK AT ME!

Seriously, look at me. Come on, look at me. LOOK AT ME. WTF?!?!?1 WHY WON'T YOU LOOK AT ME?!?!?!?:

A close brush with almost notoriety:
A friend informs me that on my favorite ever television show, The Wire, one of the main characters was originally going to be named McCardle.
That's it. That's the ENTIRE FUCKING POST.

Hey, guy, on House the other week there was a patient with my last name! Also, I'm kind of smart and have chronic pain so I take narcotics all the time right in front of people and I'm inconsiderate so sometimes people compare me to House! Oh, and I was House for Halloween the other year! Oh, and a blogger that is pretty famous and liberal has my last name (but he's gay and I'm not). Oh, and that guy on House that had my name, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, OMG, his affliction was that he said things without thinking and like, OMG I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

Isn't that really interesting guys? Seriously, I'm like, almost notorietyious! It's like that movable "Almost Notable!" only I'm not a hot chick. Oh, but guys, I totally once dated this girl who some people said was "pretty cute" which is like close to hot, so really, IT IS JUST LIKE ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!
ME!

Oh, and usually I get mad when people put an extra "C" in my name but it's ok when you're "The Wire" which is like, about drugs, which, cause I'm a libertarian (did you know I'm a libertarian?) are like totally OK (but not as OK as being ridiculously wealthy and owning 56 houses while other people starve to death!)

ME!ME!
ME!ME!ME!ME!

Fuck Do, fuck Re, fuck Fa, Sol, La, Ti, and Do gets fucked again! It's all ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!

14 comments:

clever pseudonym said...

She was almost notorious for having almost the same name as a character on a cable TV show. Very few of us will experience such nearness to greatness in our lifetimes.

Dhalgren said...

And once again, the comments are brilliant. The troublemakers have taken over the moderated, filtered comments over at McCardle's blog.

Dhalgren said...

I kinda sorta see what she means. I have a name similar to McQaude....so 'Lone Wolf' and 'McQ' are movies that brush closely to my unique surname.

Um, yeah.

Susan of Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan of Texas said...

I was going to mention my imaginary closeness to greatness but I decided to be modest instead.

Dillon said...

There was a Wire character named McArdle - the drug dealer White Mike (Mike McArdle) from Season 2.

clever pseudonym said...

And nobody threw a parade in Megan's honor?!?!?

Dillon said...

And nobody threw a parade in Megan's honor?!?!?I just thought it was funny she didn't mention White Mike, given the topic of the post. On top of the ridiculousness of the post itself, she apparently isn't aware that there IS a character with the same name as hers in the series, despite the fact it is one of her favorite shows.

Malaclypse said...

I can top all of you - I was named after the main character in Nathaniel Hawthorne's short story, The Great Stone Face.

Mendacious D said...

Something she somehow fails to mention: McNulty ( McArdle) is a drunken, womanizing, self-destructive asshole. A brush with greatness, indeed.

M. Bouffant said...

Thought it would at least be a dumb Letterman-style "Brush w/ Greatness."

You know, where a demi-celebrity noticed her gawking & said, "How's the weather up there?" or something.

Dillon said...

This Wire thing isn't Megan's first brush with fame - here's a post she wrote about a cartoon character named after her. Or maybe not - turns out the character's name is Megan McKeenan.

Oh well. Keep Googling yourself, Megan. Someone with a name similar to yours is sure to do something newsworthy, and then you can bask in the reflected glory.

Anonymous said...

There's a character on The Wire who's last name actually is (almost) my last name. For fuck's sake, in what way would that give me any "notoriety" at all?

What an idiot.

Susan of Texas said...

Googling her name is how she found me. She thought my post (calling her a spoilt child) was funny and linked to it in her blog.

Which was, in retrospection, not the best decision she ever made.