Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I love when she combines mean and stupid.

The rich really are different:

. . . they get better drugs.

Heath Ledger's death has been ruled an accident, "the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine." That's a pretty impressive list for a 28-year-old with a successful career in a demanding job.

First, let's go to the mean. I love how she goes back to the well on this one. This is her second post and in both she's treated the death of a man she did not know (and with whose work she was not even familiar) with complete callousness. I wonder if she's ever heard of the axiom "treat others as you'd like to be treated." I hope she dies in her bed so I can speculate on whether or not her death had to do with auto-erotic asphyxiation. Actually, scratch that, the idea of thinking of this elf engaged in mating exercises is far more disgusting than it is funny.

Now the stupid. The list of drugs found in his system are all easily obtainable. They are used to treat pain, insomnia, anxiety, muscle spasm and other common ailments. I myself currently have two of them prescribed, and used to take a third. A fourth is sold over the freaking counter. The other two I've taken before; one as a sleep aid during a red eye flight and the other recreationally. I'm not rich. The funniest thing, you ask: these facts are mentioned in the very article she cites. I don't know why the article chose to use me as an example, but it did.

But, hey, at least she cited something this time.

Also, please, someone tell me what the successful and demanding job remark is about? I mean, does one expect some sort of correlation between drug use (either recreational or for health issues) between people who work hard and are good at it and people who are not? A lot of screw ups take drugs as do a lot of the rich and famous. Maybe she mentions it out of envy because she realizes that she is neither successful nor does she work hard. That must be it! She keeps ragging on about this cause she's pissed off that Ledger will be remembered and regarded by many whereas she, eh, not so much.

For a bonus, watch me go at it with some shitface named anony-mouse (clever chap, that one) in her comments section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, mocking her stupidity is soooo much fun.

Dhalgren said...

I thought the "demanding job" remark was her attempt to be snarky and compare a hollywood actor to herself. As if to say, MY job is demanding, where are MY drugs?