Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sow's Ear to Silk Purse: Can Megan Do It?

Today on Megan's Nutrition Corner:

...my sister nonetheless refused to eat anything except roast chicken and pizza for years. She's still relatively conservative about food, and I suspect it's genetic.
Anything else going on in that family that has to do w/ conservatism & genetics?
And this:
...disguising spinach as brownies sends the message that it's okay to eat nothing but brownies.
If she can disguise spinach as brownies (in appearance or flavor) I hereby take back everything I've said about her issues w/ food. But of course she can't disguise spinach as brownies, although I bet she'd try.

Also: Unable to spell "vegetables." Jeezis K. Rist, even Dennis the Menace can spell it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would she describe her mother as a "foodie" and mention the wide variety of foods she cooked, then note her sister's pickiness in that regard, but describe it as "genetic"?

M. Bouffant said...

I didn't even want to get into that one. Maybe her sister takes after her father. In Megan's world, anything she wouldn't do may be explained as "genetic." As in, "Those colored people can't help acting that way, it's genetic." Or: "My sister's a total spazz, must be genetic, 'cuz I don't act that way." Or perhaps Megan truly is on the same intellectual level as a box of hammers.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you brought this up with her and her typically smug, self-statisfied response along the lines of "like most humans, I have a father." Yes, Megan. But you didn't even mention him in reference to your comment about the origin of your sister's eating habits, which is just bad writing.