Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Rule: Titles only

What with my resolve waning as our devil tongued mistress's output waxes, I'm down shifting. From now on, I'm recounting the idiocy that appears inside of her titles only.

Well, that's prolly a lie. I mean, if I read the titles, I'll likely be sucked into the train wreck just below them. In the words of the drug dealer in "Go" "There it is, just sitting there, waiting to suck ... I hate it, but I can't stop reading it." But this should be fun anyway

First up:
In which I try to write an article without mentioning Evita or the Tango:

Wow, I guess McMegan figures that after she was blatantly racists against blacks she has to be more careful with which stereotypes she throws about. Hehehe, all I know about a country of, what, like 60 million people is that Madonna made a movie about them and they have this really cool dance. I love that she calls it "the Tango" too. Is that her Lettermen impression? Is she like, imagining herself on late night TV in Buenos Aires saying "you kids today, do you like the Tango?" It's a fucking type of music, McAddled. It's also a TYPE of dance and not A dance. It doesn't not belong with a definitive article.

I see that while I was writing this the titles Your housing news for the day and No unions for the unions have popped up. Let's just say to the former, that nothing McArduous says is ever, even remotley, news and to the latter, a plain ole "wtf?"

Wow, that was so much less exhausting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Witness the problems that Delta is having merging with Northwest because they can't get the pilots--who are all in the same union--to agree on a seniority structure."

Like, omg wtf, unions are comprised of individuals who don't agree on everything under the sun. Who would have thought?

NutellaonToast said...

hey! Titles only! :)

M. Bouffant said...

Oh, c'mon, it's like the Charleston or the Foxtrot, or the Twist or the Frug, to be a bit more contempo, somehow the definite article is slapped before the dance.

I had contemplated merely noting that she failed in her attempt not to mention Peron (who she probably liked) or the Tango from the very beginning.

NutellaonToast said...

No, it's a style of dance no a particular dance, like Salsa.

NutellaonToast said...

Or moshing, to be contemporary. Man, it took me hours to think of that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Nutella. I thought that was a rule you were imposing on yourself, not everyone. I'll keep it in mind. But with the way she recylces the same titles over and over again, this might get boring pretty quick...

NutellaonToast said...

I'm already bored.