Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just a putz, putzin' around

putz putz putz putz

Megan's Insta-shite, plus a little Annie A.

Who reads instapundit?:

Science nerds, apparently. I'm reading the email, and most of it is correcting Megan McArdle about the theory of evolution or getting on my case about how a lunar eclipse is a full moon. So I'll try to serve up more science. Did you know some scientists in Italy figured out how to detect the G-spot using ultrasound? There, did I say that wrong?
posted at 09:30 PM by Ann Althouse[who I am not]
Ann, who is not me, proves that if she's bad at something it only means she's going to do it again and again and again and again until she has tenure.

"If republicans are making too much:
of Michelle Obama's gaffe that 'for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country' -- and well they might, because it could win them the election -- Democrats are making way too little of it."
posted at 08:04 AM by Ann Althouse[a person I am not]
Ann (~me) is not saying this herself, it's a quote from the link, though that's not at all obvious from the post. The quotation marks don't help when dealing with a narcissist who quotes herself frequently. Also, what exactly are Democrats to make of it, a bumper sticker? Apparently petty minded partisans such as Ann, who most likely voted for Clinton twice to use as a come-on if she ever met him in person, think whether Michelle Obama should have been "really proud" of the US more often is going to determine the election.
It won't.

Oh God:
. . . I'm not sure if "thanks" is quite the word for the reader who offered me a concrete visual to go with my metaphor about the demise of the Clinton campaign.
posted at 11:20 AM by Megan McArdle
I'm not reinserting the link, but that goes to a post over at S,N! fav Ace of Spades with a pic of Hillary as a vampire staked in her coffin. Yes, Megan McArdle linked to Ace of Spades while guestblogging at Instapundit, with Ann Althouse. Yes, the world is going to end because of it.

Psst, Megan.
Stuff like this has been around for ages.
posted at 12:59 PM by Ann Althouse[the un-me]
She's talking about make-up. I am very juvenile and I find this post to be the funniest thing I've seen all week.

A mob is storming the US Embassy in Belgrade.: ... which is apparently hilaaaaaaaaaarious.
They're mad about the Kosovo independence vote. Even destroying the vital US ornamental shrubbery installations cannot break our steely will, nor silence the voice of Kosovar freedom . . .
posted at 02:43 PM by Megan McArdle
From Megan's link
A charred body was found inside the U.S. embassy in Belgrade, Serbia, after rioters stormed the complex Thursday evening in protest of Kosovo's declaration of independence, sources in Belgrade told FOX News.
HAAAAHahahahahahahahaa... wait, what?

There's more I could poke at, but my tummy hurts too much from charred corpse hilarity to continue. Probably a quick look at the debate post still to come sometime tonight.

4 comments:

spencer said...

which is apparently hilaaaaaaaaaarious

For whatever reason, my brain chose to apply the voice of Jerri Blank to this line as I read it. And I gotta tell ya, it really works that way.

brad said...

Anyone who says hilarious without thinking of Jerri Blank hates puppies.

Anonymous said...

They're passing "pssst" messages about make-up to each other at Instapundit? Wow. This is like totally what people mean when they talk about the role of blogs in public discourse.

NutellaonToast said...

I hate blogs