Monday, February 11, 2008

Today's Recipe

From the daily drivel:

The bigger puzzle is why everyone is treating "natural" as a synonym for "good" or "right". Death in childbirth is natural; so is rape. These are not a good guide for either our behavior or our standards of living.
Do you give up? I certainly do. Unconditional surrender. As in "lie back & enjoy it."

Also:
I'm a little under the weather today, so rather than go out, I whipped up lunch from the rather lean contents of my cabinet:
I'll not reprint the contents of her cabinet (Dr. Caligari? A very small kitchen? Keeps everything in just one cabinet, as further indication of "issues" w/ comestibles?) but I'll share the outro:
Toss Craisins on top and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Mix together with a fork and stir. Total prep time: 10 minutes. Not having to leave the house: priceless.
Blah blah blah: Priceless. That is, w/o value or worth.

P. S.: No, I don't know what a "Craisin" is. As Mlle. McA. capitalized it consistently, one might assume (but here's a quote from Megan: "...there you are--when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me both.")* it's a commercial, copywritten, trademarked something or another, probably genetically modified, or maybe just raisins & cranberries smushed together under great pressure & sold as "Craisins." Whatever they are, I hope never to experience them. Let alone eat them.

*Elements of Style©: "When you assume, you make an ass of you & me." Brevity & clarity Megatron, please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Megan's stupidity could shock me any further, but I have to say that whole "eating meat/premature death + rape" comparison just bowled me over. You've got to be kidding me. This broad gets *PAID* for this shit?

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed in you guys, you didn't notice that she claimed that the...stuff she cooked took "total prep time: 10 minutes" just after saying "Cook for 25 minutes. Toss Craisins on top and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes." :-)

NutellaonToast said...

Sonic, there is far too much stupidity for us to cover all of it

spencer said...

Maybe by "prep time," she meant the chopping and opening and whatnot that goes on before the actual cooking begin.

But the more likely explanation is that she doesn't understand what numbers mean.

M. Bouffant said...

Typist's Response:
Sonic Charmer, I did indeed notice that, even had it in the item, but then realized, as does Spencer, that "prep time" really does mean pre-cooking, under the theory that while it is cooking you are free to do something else, so only 10 mins. of your precious time is wasted, rather than calling Vegan-to-Go & wasting only 'phone time.

So then I took it out of the item.