Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dep't. of "WTF, Really?"

Second most recent item from Asymmetrical Information:

From Scott Adams:

I know I’ve been typecast because a hundred people sent me a story about a man in India who married a dog to atone for his past mistakes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071113/ap_on_fe_st/india_man_weds_dog

A number of things struck me about this wedding. I shall start with the most obvious jokes first.

The report was quick to mention that the dog is female. That was a relief because allowing a man to marry a gay dog would be a slippery slope.

Ms. McA. titled it "No comment." In the 34 hours it's been there no one has commented. I really have no comment either, other than the usual "¿Que?"
And perhaps: "Can't Mr. Adams make a fucking link?" And: "Maybe Mr. Adams should stick to dialogue balloons."

Maybe Scott Adams is an acquaintance (a friend, of course, would get the "Ezra/Matt/etc. links to/posts" treatment) The Dilbert Blog is in the A. I. blogroll, although Dilbert hardly seems an advertisement for the invisible hand of the free market. Maybe Megan doesn't get it, & thinks it's a good for people to be treated like crap by the corporate entities that own employ them.

Or maybe I'm rambling. Felt obligated to post something.

5 comments:

Adam Eli Clem said...

M., when I saw that lonely post, I imagined her acolytes with their hands in their pockets, shuffling their feet until someone coughed and said, "Well." That's what happens at parties when the host gets drunk, blurts out something about bestiality and starts crying.

By the way, the strobing ads at her place are starting to really hurt. I "see" the retinal afterburn long after I've navigated away. Not sure I can cope.

M. Bouffant said...

Yes, I've whined about those irksome ads, here & in McMegan's comments as well. I suppose they're there for a set time, but I doubt whatever corporation it is will be getting much action.

I took pity & left a comment for her.

Adam Eli Clem said...

The only other Atlantic "Voice" whose page ads aren't for The Atlantic Monthly is Ambinder, and his selection of adverts doesn't trigger seizures.

M. Bouffant said...

That would, sadly, indicate that the stroboscopic incestment firm is buying space specifically on A. I.
Our Sisyphean task is made more difficult.

The ads themselves, of course, are like the LGF redirect from S,N! links.

Anonymous said...

Hmm that's quiet interessting but to be honest i have a hard time seeing it... wonder how others think about this..