Thursday, November 29, 2007

Self-parody

thy name is Megan.

On a side note, why on earth is anyone using this dreadful "flat earth" metaphor? It makes absolutely no sense. If the earth were a flat plane, would it actually be any less far from Osaka to Los Angeles? Indeed, it would seem to me that a flat earth would make things farther from each other, since presumably, it would mean unrolling the surface of the globe. That would put some two points on the earth that are currently next to each other literally a whole world away.
But what if, like, it's, like, a moebius strip? Those are pretty much flat. We could fold the planet and make intercontinental travel a breeze. Wouldn't that help free trade?

4 comments:

Adam Eli Clem said...

With spatial reasoning ability like that, it's a miracle she can put her glasses on, let alone secure a bike lock.

M. Bouffant said...

She's never heard of the Great Circle? It's in, what's that site, Wikipedia?

spencer said...

Reading that bit reminded me of a line from one of my favorite movies, uttered by Sarah Jessica Parker back when I still found her attractive:

"Do you ever wonder why the ocean doesn't, like, just fly away into the sky?"

I am now going to hear that voice in my head whenever I read McMegan's posts. Great.

Anonymous said...

Holy sh*t, Ms. McGargle, that's some fine weed!