Saturday, July 12, 2008

A tale of two iPhones

since I'm a spoiled brat, and it's a cool toy, I got an iPhone yesterday. It's fun, and shiny, and beeps. Sometimes it also goes bloop. Etc. You don't care and/or already know.
What's funny to me is Megan camped out overnight to get one about 8 hours faster than me. I got up at 7:30, which is closer to bedtime than morning for me, walked five blocks to the Cingular store, found a massive line and a shipment of only 80 to the store, went back home, and went back to sleep. I woke up again about 5 hours later and found online that the Apple Soho store was having comparatively little traffic. I did sit in line for almost 2 hours, and yes, I feel mildly foolish for that, but I brought a book and my IPod, and I have the shiny shiny now. Plus I slept in my own bed, twice.

(Note: I don't mean to brag, I don't expect you to give a fuck about my toys. I know that most people couldn't go wait in line because they had to be hard at work continuing to not be able to afford an iPhone. It's kind of... inane that I even bring it up, right?
Well, to ruin a joke by pointing to it, that's my point. Megan posted that shit as a paid employee of The Atlantic. What the fuck does she have to do to get fired? That's a hell of a lot of free advertising for Apple, and she didn't even get comped for her phone.)

No comments: