Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm Not Anti-Union, But I'm Not Pro-Union, Either, If You Know What I Mean

Our muse speaks:

I'm actually not particularly anti-union, and to the extent that I do have problems with unions, it is not because they seek higher wages and benefits for their members. Rather, it is because they introduce serious structural rigidities into the economy.
And I answer:

From The Encyclopedia of Pseudo-Economics:
Ridgidity, Structural (Serious): People who work for a living getting some of their share of the wealth they create. Not generally approved of, especially if said share comes at the expense of the investor class, who actually have the irrational aversion to work that they often incorrectly attribute to those who do work for a living.
Now you know why they call it the dismal science.

No comments: