Saturday, April 19, 2008

HOLY FUCKING SHITTING FUCK

MATT BESSER IS IN THE NEW DAVID CROSS AND BOB ODENKIRK SHOW FOR HBO!
Fine, I'll stop shouting.
Matt Besser is a founding member of the Upright Citizen's Brigade and one of the most awesome people on the planet. This project is just.... too good to be true.

What is the show? It's not a parody of a sitcom. It's a sitcom. But the kind we would make if we were allowed to. David plays David Cross, he shares a shitty cookie-cutter house in a development somewhere in middle america with two other guys. Crazy shit happens. It's inspired by "The Goodies" "The Young Ones" "Fawlty Towers" "Mr. Show" "South Park" "Sarah Silverman Program" "All In The Family" and on and on. Pretty much everything except MASH. Although in episode 2 David flashes back to his time working on a MASH unit during the Korean War and the whole flashback is told from the point of view of the soldiers bloody wound.
I know, I'm amping myself too much. HBO's execs will have a collective aneurysm and not pick it up. Still, lemme again say bring back Bill Hicks, too, since I'm on a roll.

Oh, n here's a taste of Besser, from the all too short lived show Crossballs. He's the pro-pot "researcher".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that I have a speaking role in a movie with Matt Walsh of UCB?